School is out for summer. Kids and adults alike are ready to let loose a little this Memorial Day and continue into the rest of the season. Without having the ability to throw large summer pool parties or BBQs last year many Texans are feeling antsy to get their first summer pool party or other get together in the books.
Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer and it is likely the first chance that most individuals get to celebrate good weather and pool fun. If you own a pool then we imagine you have already been thinking this for a while now. Hopefully by this point, as a pool owner, the bulk of the work is done. If your pool, pool deck, or back patio has been looking sloped however, and you haven’t had an expert out to look at it, then call the experts at Greenstar Insulation. We service the Shreveport and Bossier City area. We will come out to your property, inspect sloped or sunken slabs for needed concrete leveling , and give you a free estimate.
If Your Memorial Day Pool Party Was Wrought With Stubbed Toes Or Trip Hazards, We Have The Answer
Decks, Driveways and patios are all supposed to be maintained. If the winter has wreaked havoc on your concrete slabs, your surfaces may need to be leveled. Getting those voids filled and joints sealed after a proper professional leveling will help to make sure you won’t have to do any other major concrete maintenance or replacement anytime soon.
The yard is equally, if not more so, important for making your party pop off seamlessly. Once all the foundational aspects have been dealt with then you’re ready to get that summer yard and garden into gear. There are plenty of things you can do to your yard and other outdoor areas to make sure your first summer party of the year looks as good as possible. Here are a few great ideas to help make that thought of a perfect summer scene a reality for your upcoming parties.
- Fix your lawn up and make it lush – Making sure your grass looks green and healthy is not an easy task but is sought after by anyone who wishes to enjoy their party guests. Here are some tips for making sure your lawn is looking its best.
- Update plants, yard statues, fountains and furniture – Everyone knows weeds and dead plants from last fall don’t look great. Get out into the garden and make some moves that have your side yards looking less like an eyesore and more like a proper accent arrangement. Clean those old fixtures, statues or fountains to keep them looking less aged.
- Set up grill, bar/drinks and shelter stations – Whether or not you’ll be the grillmaster at your next BBQ gathering, make sure you’re set up with a station that says to your guests you’re open for business. Here are a couple improvements you can make to the grillstation that will have you looking like the party MVP.
- Lighting shouldn’t be overlooked – Fancy lighting isn’t a necessity but make sure your guests can continue to enjoy themselves outside after the sun goes down. Summer is for being outside so make sure your gathering areas are properly lit.
Block Party For a Post Covid Blow Out
Summer block parties are a tradition that stems back over half a century. This is often poolside fun, with a summer BBQ to go along with it, but there are so many other fun activities to set up for your Memorial Day or other summer party to allow for variety and keep things interesting.
Here is a list of other fun Memorial Day activities people can set up for a big block party.
- Yard Games – So many to choose from so why provide a few options for your party guests. Make sure your guests have plenty of options including a few of the classics and maybe one or two new popular yard games.
- Sidewalk Art – Turn those boring concrete slabs into some beautiful chalk art! This isn’t just an activity for kids. You never know, there might be some unknown artists in the midst of partygoers.
- Home Decorations – You don’t have to go overboard with the decorations but having a theme might be a fun idea if you’re just having an impromptu gathering on a random weekend.
- Outdoor Movies – Projectors for an outdoor movie theatre is a great idea for the kids at your next summer party. You’ll be surprised at how simple it is to set up.
- Live Music – Maybe you have a little band side project or know someone who does. See if you can get them to come play at the party. If not, there are plenty of other scheduled live music events in the Shreveport and Bossier City Area.
Summer BBQs Need a Flat Concrete Surface
No pool, no problem. Throw a family or neighborhood BBQ to get back into the social scene. Whether your front driveway is the better location, or maybe the back patio, you want to make sure your concrete surface is level and safe for your friends and loved ones to relax and unwind on.
Rainy Season Means More Water Runoff And Erosion
Summer In Shreveport and Bossier City also coincides with the rainy season. That translates to more rain, more runoff, and more groundwater accessing the soil underneath your concrete slabs. This combination of conditions allows for significant erosion and will result in voids forming over time underneath your driveways, sidewalks, patios, pool decks, and other concrete surfaces. Nip this issue in the bud and level/seal your concrete slabs so that you won’t have to worry about them in the future.
Schools Out For Summer So Protect Kids Playing Outside
If you have kids in your home or even around the neighborhood, it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll be seeing a lot more of them the next few months during summer vacation. Hopefully the youth of today won’t be spending their whole summer inside playing video games or watching Netflix shows. Incentivise outdoor activities and play with properly leveled playing surfaces. The front driveway and backyard areas can be utilized for plenty of fun but if concrete slabs are sunken, then it’s likely many of those activities could become unsafe.
Imagine kids rollerblading or playing other games on the sidewalk in front of your house and someone has a bad fall and injures themselves. The homeowner may be liable. Not maintaining your concrete slabs to proper levels could send little Johnny from next door to the hospital and you could be dishing out medical bill expenses and legal fees. Make sure your concrete surfaces are ready to be used how they’re meant to be used this summer!
Summer Pool Parties Aren’t Going Anywhere
The post pandemic era is upon us and it feels amazing. People are getting back to a way of living they enjoy and love. If you’ve been down in the dumps this past year and need a turn around it’s likely that getting yourself back into the social scene might just do the trick. Summer is just starting and you have plenty of time to start planning for your first summer gathering. Make sure you’re prepared, however, with all the essentials.
Kill two birds with one stone and knock out some home maintenance while you’re getting your house back to looking its best. There is no better time to invest some money back into your home and if it makes it look presentable to the outside world at the same time then it’s a win win. Call up Greenstar Insulation for a free inspection and quote for all your concrete leveling needs.