Mudjacking is still the most well known and widely used method of concrete leveling. This, in large part, is due to the fact that mudjacking is slightly less expensive than its competition (poly-leveling or polyjacking). Unfortunately many people don’t fully understand what value they’re actually getting out of a mudjacking service. Yes, it may be a bit cheaper in the short term, but it’s unlikely that mudjacking will stand up against the test of time like poly-leveling or polyjacking.
While mudjacking and polyjacking both use similar installation methods, the “slurry” that makes up a mudjacking mixture just isn’t as durable or long lasting as the polyurethane expanding foam that is used in polyjacking and poly-leveling. Not to mention, the holes used to pump in mudjacking slurry are much larger and leave an ugly noticeable blemish on the surface of concrete slabs.
Is saving a small bit of money really worth it when a similar yet superior procedure is available? You wouldn’t let a discount doctor perform an outdated surgery on your or a loved one most likely. Why should it be any different for your home? Don’t be fooled by a cheaper up front quote. Get a better value with Greenstar Insulation Polyjacking .
Mudjacking vs. Polyjacking In Shreveport And Bossier City
When it comes to comparing one method against the other, it becomes obvious that mudjacking just can’t provide the same level of quality as polyjacking. Shreveport and Bossier City see a lot more annual rainfall than most parts of the country so this comparison becomes even more obvious due to a more rapid rate of erosion. Mudjacking just isn’t the best solution for sinking or settling concrete. Concrete leveling can be a long lasting fix if polyurethane expanding foam is used. When a mudjacking slurry is used, the property owner needs to know that the material is only a temporary solution.
Know What You’re Paying For With Mudjacking
- Mudjacking Mixture – Mudjacking slurry is made up of a mixture of sand, cement and soil which over time will give way to the climate. Heavy rainfall, like that familiar to the Shreveport and Bossier City area, is going to break down this inferior material. As a consequence, voids forming from soil and slurry erosion will be causing your concrete slabs to sink again way sooner than expected. With an average of over 50 inches of annual rainfall, the area’s soil is more prone to sinking concrete slabs. This is due to water saturating the soil and pockets or voids forming from erosion or groundwater.
- Curing Process – Another main issue with mudjacking is that after a slurry mixture has dried, over a 24 hours period, it may seem stable again. Don’t consider it fixed just yet though. This feeling of comfort from a job well done is relatively deceiving. New settling, due to the additional weight of all that added heavy material, takes place soon after a mudjacking fix. That new load of mudjacking slurry is putting added pressure down on the soil underneath. This will likely lead to even more settling in the future and more and more concrete leveling services.
Get the job done right the first time with Greenstar Insulations’ expert concrete leveling. Our professionals use polyurethane expanding foam that withstands the test of time better than most mudjacking slurries. It is easy to install, lightweight, and strong to assure that the process is quick and painless as well as long lasting.
Polyurethane Expanding Foam Is A Better Solution For Concrete Leveling
Mudjacking may get the job done most of the time and could look “ok” but before you jump on a low cost solution, make sure you understand the full scope of benefits that polyurethane foam provides. The polyurethane foam used by Shreveport and Bossier City’s local experts at Greenstar Insulation is:
- Safe – While mudjacking takes up to 24 hours to cure, polyurethane foam only takes 15 minutes to expand and cure. That means there’s no need to worry about family members or others in the environment being exposed. Our polyurethane foam won’t negatively affect the environment either. It is eco safe and doesn’t contain chemicals that interfere with endocrine or hormone systems. Nor does it contribute to PH change in soil or water.
- Reliable – Polyjacking procedures by our experts result in lower repump rates than mudjacking. It’s also a quicker and easier clean up process. Our Polyurethane foam is extremely durable and lasts nearly forever. Extreme temperatures and other environmental deterioration factors have also no effect on our expanding foam.
- Efficient – Once injected, our poly-leveling product fills voids underneath concrete slabs and levels them back to optimal levels. This expanding and hardening process is safe to walk on at 90% rigidity after only 30 minutes.
- Waterproof – Unlike mudjacking slurry, our poly-leveling foam is waterproof and will not deteriorate due to runoff or groundwater.
- Lightweight and Strong – Without adding heavy weight to already unstable conditions, our foam is up to the challenge of bearing even commercial weight loads.
- Eco-Friendly and Minimally Invasive – We use less water in the installation process than other methods. The service itself also allows for smaller drilling holes and less time and cleaning up afterwards. Also, don’t worry about the environmental impact of our procedure as the product is eco friendly, once cured, and recyclable
Polyjacking and Poly Leveling Are The Way To Go
Mudjacking presents an initial lower cost but just doesn’t translate to a better value. Don’t be fooled by the prospect of spending less with mudjacking because over time and a number of re-pump procedures later, the expenses will add up and cost you more in the long run. Contact Greenstar Insulation today for your concrete leveling needs in the Shreveport and Bossier City area.